This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Basic Floral Shirt

I had big plans for an intricate jacket, but decided otherwise. Usually it just works best to go with whatever I'm in the mood for. In this case, I was in the mood for what I call afternoon projects: simple stuff that can be finished in just a few hours. This floral shirt is one of those projects.



I made the pattern myself, with an existing shirt as example. The best part about not having patterns, is figuring out how it works. This time the question was: what happens to the sides if you ruffle the fabric in the middle, and how do I incorporate this in my pattern? It's also the first time I managed to make a neat neckline, using a bias binding method (tutorial by Tasia from Sewaholic) And I also made this grey belt myself, with the same faux leather as my purse-wallet. I snatched the buckle from the boots I tore apart.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the style of this shirt, and the fabric. I like it so much I just pinned it to my "to sew to sew" board. Hope I can figure out how to do it. And drat, a button placket. I've got to get over my fear of those. They just look hard.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!