This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Yay & Argh

The good news: I've started working on the tutorial! I'm 3/4 finished, it'll really be up soon!


The bad news: This is supposed to be a zig-zag stitch.


My machine only has one speed at the moment: SUPERFAST. Which I should have fixed back home, but I didn't because I sort of got used to it. Now it's really annoying because with this fabric (very pretty heavy weight teal jersey) it keeps skipping stitches and slicing the thread. I've tried all the different needles I've got, different tensions, but to no avail. When I was ready to throw it out of the window, I took a break (tea and chocolate, always helps) and then dissected the presser foot.


I couldn't find the problem, so I guess I'm stuck with it. Good thing that this skirt has no visible seams on the outside...

1 comment:

  1. Argh! Machine trouble drives me batty. Sometimes it's just the fabric, too, although being able to go slower is definitely a good thing in a lot of cases...

    Can't wait to see the tutorial, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!