This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Occupied With The Future

Still no finished garment to show you, but there's some other things I want to share with you. For the last couple of months, we've been making plans for the future, and talking a lot about what we want our life to look like, what kind of job we want, where our passion lies and how to combine all these things. One thing we both really love is travelling. Enter:

Our new baby
We bought a campervan! I can't tell you how happy and lucky we were to find this gem. It's a 25 year old German-army-ambulance-turned-into-a Dutch-army-firetruck-Mercedes Benz 508D. Wow that's a mouthful. But isn't it gorgeous?



It seems completely sewing unrelated, but it's not and I'll tell you why soon. No, not because I'll sew new cushion covers. Something much more awesome.



Lookee, I'm a truckster! A very happy one, indeed :) Buying this van has occupied us for the past month or so, one of the reasons it was a bit quiet over here. This quiet time has also made me think about this blog and where I want to take it. I think it's time for:

A little break
I'm taking a month off blogging to prepare myself (and the blog) for the next step. I've been talking about a redesign and new blog name, and this will happen but also so much more. I'm very excited about it all but I don't want to spoil it yet. But I will tell you that I will need all of your help accomplishing my goals for 2013! Even more so, you will become the center of attention around here. So, it would be really cool if you'd stick around to see what we have in store. (In the meantime, you can follow me on Twitter.)

For now, I'll leave you with a pic of our courtyard yesterday morning to get in the mood for the holidays. I wish you a very merry Christmas and I hope to see you in a few weeks!





11 comments:

  1. congratulations on the van (my boyfriend just saw it and his jaw dropped) and luck with whatever is coming next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great van! i am sure that it will take you on lots of adventures :D
    have a nice "break" and a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! So lots of travel photos to come then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it'll still be a sewing blog, but I guess I won't be able to resist some travel pics :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome!!!! Good luck in your new future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and the van! And I'm really curious to learn about your future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 100% in love with your campervan. I'm excited to see what adventures you have in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauw, jaloers op jullie supercool vervoersmiddel!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!