This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PPM #4: The Choice is Yours

Since there are three Pattern Magic books and twelve months, I'll make four patterns out of each book. We've come to the end of book 1, and because I find it hard to decide, I'll let you choose what will be my last project from this book. I've selected three which I think represent the most intruiging patterns, but it's hard to estimate how easy or hard they will be to draft/sew. So here's what you can choose from:



FLTR: Knot dress (Musubu), Lumps and bumps (Dekoboko) and Drop Hole Dress (Otoshiana)

If you would really like to see another one, let me know in the comments. You might out-vote the options above. It could be that I won't make the exact pattern in the book, but will try to incorporate the technique in some way. I'm really curious to see what you'll choose! You can vote in the form below (or go here). The poll is open until friday evening. The result will be a surprise, to be revealed on the 24th :)

6 comments:

  1. musubu, pleeeeeease! i'd really wanna do it but... maybe, i'll be more self confident if you try first!! ;DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well let's just say you're not the only one who voted for the Musubu ;)

      Delete
  2. I think Musubu will be the most wearable, but I wonder if he Otoshiana would look good in a softer fabric so the holes looked like cool pockets instead of weird umbrella holders. It is a tantalising pattern to try with that interesting seaming going into the holes. I will look forward to the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the funny thing is that I would never wear something like Musubu :) I like the idea of Otoshiana in a soft fabric. Also like the idea of umbrella holders :D But I have nothing to say in this, we'll see.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa! I love your sense of style and I am so excited about your upcoming pattern. I am also passing along to you the Liebster Award, a way for us sewing bloggers to showcase each other and give a shout out to those blogs we love! I hope you'll play along. http://megmadethis.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meg, thanks so much! I'll pass it on!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!