Just wanted to show you the final sample of the folded mini I just finished. I keep calling it the folded mini, but this one is actually the longer version. I need to think of an appropriate name! I made it up in a plain black interlock knit, the perfect fabric if you ask me. It holds its zipper well and it shows off the folds very nicely. I've styled it in three different ways to give you some ideas of how to wear it.
I've tried out two different methods for securing the folds, and you can see the difference in the skirt. The bottom three folds are method 1, the upper three are method 2. I'll tell you more about that when we release the pattern. I've also made some adjustments to the waistband again. I joined the back and front waistband pieces to eliminate the seams at the sides, which makes it more simple and less bulky. I also used a shorter zipper, 16 cm instead of 18. Don't worry, all the instructions will be in both metric and imperial :) I also made up this last one to check and adjust my instructions, and draft the basis of the illustrations that go with the instructions. It's going slow but there's progress! Tilly told me her first pattern cost her 6 months to complete, which is probably realistic since she has a job on the side too.
We'll soon be ready to get this out to pattern testers. When we are there'll be an opportunity to test this if you like, I'll get back to you on that. Stef has started on the branding, so I also hope to be able to reveal our name and logo soon! I already have ideas for three other patterns so I hope that after this first one, everything will go a whole lot faster. Starting my own pattern company is still the best decision I have ever made. I have never before so conciously chosen the path that I get most excited about. I can recommend it!